Phenomenon 2003 Terms and Conditions
Every convention has to have them — and far be it from us
to buck the bureaucratic trend here in red-tape driven Canberra.
If you are planning on attending the convention and especially if
you are intending on GMing or desiging a game, read through these
and if you have any questions (especially if the question starts
with "I know it says you're not supposed to but can I ...")
then please contact Ryan before the convention starts: email@example.com,
phone 02 6258 1092 between 6 and 10pm AEST.
The Fine Print
- Phenomenon, in case you missed it, is a roleplaying convention
in Canberra hosted by ANURPS and Phenomenon Labs. It will happen
on 6-9 June 2003 at Daramalan College, Dickson, ACT.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden on Daramalan College grounds.
Please take it outside.
- No weapons of any kind, real or otherwise, are permitted on
the convention site except as legitimate game props. Please
check with a convention organiser beforehand if you wish to bring
a prop weapon to the convention. If you are some kind of super
kung fu expert then there's probably not a lot we can do to stop
you but try to keep yourself under control.
- Never try to fill an inside straight with a two-card draw.
- Alcohol and illicit drugs of any kind are strictly forbidden
on the convention site.
- In short, pretend you're 17 and at high school again.
Convention registration will be held on Friday 6 June from 6pm
at Daramalan College. Hopefully there will be some signs up. If
you submitted your entry prior to the convention you should attend
registration to get your schedule and check in to your games. If
you are entering on the night you should attend registration to
try to enter the events you want to play.
It is much easier on the organisers and designers when players
enter the convention early, so please try to get your entries in
as soon as possible.
Everyone attending Phenomenon 2003 must fill out an
Entry Form. You can enter as an individual or as part of a team.
Where possible, team entries should be submitted together.
Note the late date for entries is 23 May 2003.
There are nine (9) sessions available at the convention. To help
us schedule you, please mark on the entry-form any times you are
unavailable to play.
Pheno will use a highly sophisticated automated system (hi Karl!)
to schedule your games before the Con. Entries received before the
late date are guaranteed to be scheduled; entries received after
the late date will be scheduled if at all possible; entries at the
Con will be scheduled by negotiation with the game writers.
- Each session costs $6 to a maximum of $45 per person.
- The Banquet is $15 extra.
- There is a late fee of $6 for entries post-marked after 23 May
2003, with no maximum per person.
- Refunds for player cancellations notified before 23 May 2003
will be the full amount minus a $5 Administrative Fee (we cop
bank charges too!).
- After 23 May 2003 refunds will only be given in exceptional
circumstances, at the organisers' discretion.
- No refunds will be given for player cancellations once Phenomenon
2003 has started.
- If an event is cancelled by the writer or organisers, players
will have the option of choosing another game or obtaining a full
refund of the fee paid for that event
Gods and other supernatural entities
As a general policy Phenomenon does not discriminate against any
group. In particular, however, we ask that all omniscient, psychic
and visionary beings please refrain from using their powers to advantage,
particularly in freeforms where the balance of the game often depends
on our fragile, mortal ignorance that we so cherish in our own pitiful