Mr Morph Esq. is a gentle model of propriety.
Terms & conditions
Although Pheno 2007 will be relaxed and friendly (and the lashings will continue until there's a smile on every face), we still ask that you abide by these few rules.
If you are planning on attending the convention and especially if you are intending on GMing or desiging a game, read through these and if you have any questions (especially if the question starts with "I know it says you're not supposed to but can I ...") then please contact Pheno.
The Fine Print
- Phenomenon is a roleplaying convention in Canberra hosted by Phenomenon Labs and Random Inc. It will happen on 8 — 11 June 2007 at Daramalan College, Dickson, ACT.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden on Daramalan College grounds. Please take it outside the fence.
- Alcohol and illicit drugs of any kind are also strictly forbidden on the convention site.
- No weapons of any kind, real or otherwise, are permitted on the convention site except as legitimate game props. Please check with a convention organiser beforehand if you wish to bring a prop weapon to the convention. If your cleavage or sense of humour are deadly weapons there's probably not a lot we can do to stop you but try to keep yourself under control.
- Please wear your convention badge where it is easily visible to sleep-deprived organisers while you are on the Con site.
- Acts of enlightened kindness will be appreciated and rewarded in either this life or your next one.
Convention registration will be held on Friday 8 June from 6pm at Daramalan College. Hopefully there will be some signs up. If you submitted your entry prior to the convention you should attend registration to get your schedule and check in to your games. If you are entering on the night you should attend registration to try to enter the events you want to play.
It is much easier on the organisers and designers when players enter the convention early, so please try to get your entries in as soon as possible.
Everyone attending Phenomenon 2007 must fill out an entry form. You can enter as an individual or as part of a team. Where possible, team entries should be submitted together.
Note the early bird discount of 10% for entries ends on Friday 18 May 2007.
There are ten (10) sessions available at the convention. To help us schedule you, please mark on the entry-form any times you are unavailable to play.
Pheno will use a gnostic scheduling system to schedule your games before the Con. Entries received before the late date are guaranteed to be scheduled; entries received after the late date will be scheduled if at all possible; entries at the Con will be scheduled by negotiation with the game writers.
- Each session costs $6.50 to a maximum of $50 (for the entire Con) per person.
- Mission: Improv-able runs casually between sessions for most of the weekend, with the actual competition in session 10 (Monday arvo). This unending cavalcade of fun costs only $6.50.
- All Living D20 games (including the Interactive) cost only $6.50, even if they run over more than one session.
- Warhammer 40K costs $32 for the whole weekend.
- Urban War costs $32 for the whole weekend.
- The Banquet is $20 extra.
- There is an early-bird discount of 10% for any entries received (or post-marked) before Friday 18 May 2007.
- Refunds for player cancellations notified before 18 May 2007 will be the full amount minus a $5 administrative fee (we cop bank charges too!).
- After 18 May 2007 refunds will only be given in exceptional circumstances, at the organisers' discretion.
- No refunds will be given for player cancellations once Phenomenon 2007 has started.
- If an event is cancelled by the writer or organisers, players will have the option of choosing another game or obtaining a full refund of the fee paid for that event.
The Unwritten Rule
As a policy Phenomenon does not discriminate against any group, creed, ethos, sexuality, gender, shoe-size or species. We ask that you do as you would be done by at Pheno.