Terms + Conditions
Every convention has to have them — it‛s a Law of Physics.
If you are planning on attending the convention and especially if you are intending on GMing or desiging a game, read through these and if you have any questions (especially if the question starts with "I know it says you're not supposed to but can I ...") then please contact Pheno.
The Fine Print
- Phenomenon is a roleplaying convention in Canberra hosted by ANURPS and Phenomenon Labs. It will happen on 11–14 June 2004 at Daramalan College, Dickson, ACT.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden on Daramalan College grounds. Please take it outside the fence.
- Alcohol and illicit drugs of any kind are also strictly forbidden on the convention site.
- No weapons of any kind, real or otherwise, are permitted on the convention site except as legitimate game props. Please check with a convention organiser beforehand if you wish to bring a prop weapon to the convention. If you are some kind of super kung fu expert then there's probably not a lot we can do to stop you but try to keep yourself under control.
- Please wear your convention badge where it is easily visible to sleep-deprived organisers while you are on the Con site.
- Do not bring antimatter into the convention site unless you bring enough for everybody.
Convention registration will be held on Friday 11 June from 6pm at Daramalan College. Hopefully there will be some signs up. If you submitted your entry prior to the convention you should attend registration to get your schedule and check in to your games. If you are entering on the night you should attend registration to try to enter the events you want to play.
It is much easier on the organisers and designers when players enter the convention early, so please try to get your entries in as soon as possible.
Everyone attending Phenomenon 2004 must fill out an Entry Form. You can enter as an individual or as part of a team. Where possible, team entries should be submitted together.
Note the late date for entries is 21 May 2004.
There are nine (9) sessions available at the convention, plus the Friday night session for special events and the 'Diamond's Dream' freeform. To help us schedule you, please mark on the entry-form any times you are unavailable to play.
Pheno will use a highly sophisticated atomic automated schedule-a-tron to schedule your games before the Con. Entries received before the late date are guaranteed to be scheduled; entries received after the late date will be scheduled if at all possible; entries at the Con will be scheduled by negotiation with the game writers.
- Each session costs $6 to a maximum of $50 (for the entire Con) per person.
- The Banquet is $15.50 extra.
- There is a late fee of $6 for entries post-marked after 21 May 2004, with no maximum per person.
- Refunds for player cancellations notified before 21 May 2004 will be the full amount minus a $5 Administrative Fee (we cop bank charges too!).
- After 21 May 2004 refunds will only be given in exceptional circumstances, at the organisers' discretion.
- No refunds will be given for player cancellations once Phenomenon 2004 has started.
- If an event is cancelled by the writer or organisers, players will have the option of choosing another game or obtaining a full refund of the fee paid for that event.
The mutated shall inherit
As a policy Phenomenon does not discriminate against any group, creed, ethos, sexuality, gender, shoe-size or species. In particular, however, we ask that all schemes for the domination of the world via applications of advanced scientific principles be cleared with the organisers before the atomic psycho-mutator rays are turned on an unsuspecting populace.